GPEX Cares about the environment. Thats why we obtained our ISO 14001 certificate and try to reuse as much as possible!
The society in which we live is becoming increasingly more complex as we are more and more aware of the limitations of natural resources. GPEX strives to make a positive contribution to the environment and to minimize its environmental impact. It does so by…
- …GPEX gives copiers a second life, extends the economic life and reduces the demand for new equipment and raw materials.
- …GPEX wants to be a responsible partner in the circular economy of copiers permanently.
- …GPEX strives for a continuous growth and to continuously reduce its environmental impact by complying with relevant Dutch legislation (including WEEE and environmental management law and waste materials) and requirements of suppliers, customers, employees and service providers.
- …GPEX describes the environmental aspects of transport, residual waste, paper, cardboard, wood, plastics, polystyrene foam, gas and electricity and works with a certified environmental management system (ISO14001:2015). The management will receive quarterly reports in which the results are presented. These reports will be checked, approved and new improvements will be identified.
Resources & Calculators
Environmental Policy GPEX
GPEX’s environmental objectives are:
- Reuse of paper, plastic, polystyrene foam and wood.
- 90% circular processing of residual waste by waste processors.
- Reduce the use of gas, electricity and CO2 per machine per quarter.
- Export deliveries are carried out 100% in accordance with WEEE guidelines.
- GPEX works in accordance with ISO14001 and has been certified in 2020.
- The environmental management system reports on these objectives and indicates which improvements and/or higher improvements are feasible.
Every GPEX employee is involved in some way in influencing the environment. The environmental management system indicates which environmental aspects have been identified in the business processes and which functions help determine the environmental impact. Every employee is responsible for the environmental impact of his or her work. Any employee is free to recommend improvements to reduce the environmental impact.
With inputs coming from various functions, the operational manager will periodically prepare an environmental management report, including proposed improvements. The management will assess the report and communicate to the organization which improvements have been approved for implementation. Ad-hoc, other management functions will analyse the report and adjust or comment if needed.
Each year, we give more used machines a second life, mainly in other parts of the world like Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Pacific region. When we receive damaged goods, they will be stripped for spare parts, and the shell will be recycled in an environmentally friendly way.
When shipping the copiers to our warehouse, we always strive for optimum loading so no truck space will be left unused.
All these efforts reduce the impact of our activities on the environment, thus minimizing our ecological footprint.
You can contact us anytime! Also we are happy to welcome you into our office in Amsterdam or Milano!